If you’re like most cat lovers, you don’t just like your cat, you love him. He not only brings you immense joy and pleasure but he is your one consistent bright spot. The one furry being that can make you laugh and smile with his crazy antics. As a reward for all the love, joy, and fun that he brings to your life, you want to pay him back. Not with money of course, but with fun and excitement! Well, now you can.
Visit the official Website
Introducing the Cat’s Meow. It is more than a simple mouse toy, it is a mind-stimulating game that encourages your cat in ways that a real cat and mouse chase would. It is a brightly colored nylon toy that encourages your cat to watch, stalk, pounce and play. Whether he is 10 weeks or 10 years, your cat will have fun, fun, and fun!
How It Works
The toy consists of a round yellow plastic nylon circle. Underneath the nylon is a wand that is attached to a motor that is covered by nylon. When it is turned on, the wand mechanism moves around randomly like mouse or other imaginary prey. The prey runs in circles, changes patters and never stops moving. Since it is so unpredictable, your cat doesn’t quite know what to do next. In fact, when your cat gets it, it still keeps on going. Its like the Energizer bunny for cats.
It is so realistic that it even makes scurrying sounds and is so clever that it changes direction at whim. This adds mystery and fun to the chase. One moment it might go right then when your cat pounces or touches it, it goes left. It might stay left for a bit and then boom it goes back right. You or your cat never knows that that crazy “mouse” will do next.
Cats are drawn to this toy like bees are drawn to honey. They can’t control the urge to swat, jump and pounce on the moving object underneath the yellow nylon. When they see it, their predatory instincts are immediately turned on. Instead of sitting still, they must move and act now. They must chase the thing under the yellow nylon mat. They must get that mouse.
Take it from us, this intriguing “critter” will keep your little ball of energized fur happy and entertained for hours at time. This toy that will entertain your cat and bring a smile to your face every single time you see your cat doing what he does best – playing, having fun and pouncing on the pretend “mouse”.
The motor is continuous when you’re there and when you’re not. Simply turn it on and watch your cat go. Even when your cat pounces on the toy, it keeps on going. It costs $19.99 and if you buy it off their site, you can get another one for free. You simply pay shipping and handling charges.
Here are some pros:
- Stimulates cats’ brains – they may even try to figure out how it works by going under it.
- It is relatively quiet however you can hear a bit of scurrying and it chirps once your cat catches it
- Encourages your cat to think and strengthens their predatory instincts • Extremely durable and is made of nylon and doesn’t tear easily.
- Can be used on any flat areas (carpet or hardwood floors are fine)
- Helps cats burn off excess energy
- Encourages a cat to exercise that is great for overweight felines.
- Relatively inexpensive and encourages them to pounce, play and act out predatory skills.
- Can be used by more than one cat at a time.
- Is safe and effective at entertaining your cat
- Even with constant pouncing and scratching the nylon doesn’t typically tear.
- The Cats Meow makes a really great gift and it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee.
According to Rachel on Rachel’s Reviews, “I can keep the kitties happy and far away from my home office. I know they are happy and occupied in the other room while I get my work done.” She also stated, “My cats play with this toy every day and they never seem to get tired of it. They do get tired – its fantastic exercise!”
According to mommy blogger of Frugal ideas, “The best feature of the Cat’s Meow toy is that it keeps your kitten so busy he won’t have time to scratch the furniture or drapes. Cats get bored easily. Without the proper toys they will go in search of their own fun. This can result in expensive furniture being torn to shreds. The Cat’s Meow Toy will help them burn off that restless energy, focusing it on good clean fun rather than bad behavior.”
Here are some cons:
- You have to manually turn it on, it is motion activated. If it gets tangled you will have to manually straighten it out.
- Some people think it’s too noisy, especially chirping when their cat pauses it.
- Your cat may become so obsessed with it that you have to throw away other toys
- Appears to work slower on carpet than flat surfaces
- You have to manually turn it on or off.
- You have to buy your own 3 C batteries since they aren’t included.
- May cause cats to behave more aggressively towards small moving objects
- Some cats may only be mesmerized for a short while whereas others may be entertained for hours, it depends on your cat.
- Some cats become frustrated because they can’t ever seem to catch that mouse.
- If you use it on a regular basis, the motor may burn out more quickly.
- You might get dizzy watching your cat run around playing with the toy
Some users complained that the toy broke after only a few minutes of use. Do to the overwhelming number of positive reviews we found we could only assume that these users must have gotten a faulty toy to begin with.
Others complained that the batteries wore out to quickly and had to be changed. It seems to me that if the cat likes the toy and is using it a lot the batteries would be drained pretty quickly. I guess this could be good and bad.
We found complaints about the noise and having to turn it on and off as well. Any electronic toy with a motor is going to have both of these issues. Motors make noise and have to be turned on and off…you decide.
The Cat’s Meow seems to be a favorite cat toy by most cat lovers and cats. It not only encourages Tom and Jerry chase- like behavior but it is mysterious, fun, and entertaining for your cat and for you. Plus, it helps gets cats moving and grooving and encourages instinctive predator behavior.
Although it doesn’t come with 3 C batteries and you have to manually turn it on and off, cats seem to really enjoy it. Although it is relatively quiet, some users seemed irritated by the scurrying and chirping noises that it emits. However, others are too mesmerized by their cat’s funny antics to notice.
The majority of users seem to think its benefits far outweigh its cons. Since the company offers a 30-day money back guarantee, you and your cat can easily try it out and see if it’s a winner. If it isn’t you can send it back for a full refund. With its relatively low price, clever nature and durability, it seems like a great toy for your best feline friend.